RCtv is the best way for high school students to celebrate National Canadian Film Day (NCFD) with their schools and peers from coast to coast to coast!
On NCFD (April 17, 2019) – thousands of students across Canada will watch a great Canadian movie and log into our live-stream to participate in discussions with Canadian stars and filmmakers, and engage in lots of other online fun.
For the 2018 edition, over 171 high schools and more than 12,000 students across Canada participated.
Watch this video for highlights from the last edition of RCtv!
When is it?
National Canadian Film Day: Wednesday April 17th, 2019! The webcast will take place at 12:30PM EST.
Who Can Participate?
High school classes grade 9 to 12. Groups can range from a single class to the whole school.
How Does It Work?
It’s really easy – you sign up, choose a film (titles will be announced very soon!) and receive a DVD from us. Watch a film in advance of the day and then connect with us for a live webcast on April 17, 2019 The tech is very simple – all you need is an internet connection! Best of all, participation is COMPLETELY FREE!
- Watch and discuss great Canadian films
- Participate in Q&As with stars and filmmakers
- Amplify school spirit and national pride by competing in games and quizzes with other schools on a national leaderboard, updated live
- See themselves on the big screen with student-submitted videos and questions
- Connect virtually with other students across the country
- Explore Canadian identity, culture and storytelling
Teachers Will Receive:
- Lesson plans tied to the curriculum
- A copy of the film being screened (sign up by December 15th and you can keep the film for your school)
- Advice and support from our team on making the experience fun and memorable
How Do I Sign Up?
It’s easy – just email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “RCtv – Your School Name – Your City” or call 1-855-733-5709.
Sign up before Friday December 14th, 2018 and you can keep the DVD that we send you!
Connect with us on social media.