Exploring Indigenous Realities Together:
Classroom Connect Pilot Programme
REEL CANADA invites you to participate in an innovative and exciting initiative to introduce your students to the power and diversity of Canadian film!
We are seeking engaged classroom teachers of any subject who believe in the value of Canadian film as a tool to inspire community and foster a deeper understanding of topics concerning Indigenous Peoples of Canada.
The programme will offer an opportunity for your class to:
- Connect virtually in a collaborative learning space with other Canadian classrooms for a set period of time
- Pursue a more in-depth study of issues relevant to Indigenous Peoples in Canada
- Use the study of Canadian film to address curriculum expectations
- Build a sense of community and a stronger understanding of our shared Canadian identity
As with all REEL CANADA events, participation is completely FREE OF CHARGE.
The Classroom Connect programme runs from February 6 to April 7, 2017, and involves 10-12 classrooms periods.
This online learning experience includes:
- Access to a Canadian feature-length film from our new Indigenous Programme (write today to request your copy of our Indigenous catalogue)
- Lesson plans with background information, pre-viewing and post-viewing activities
- An opportunity for students to engage in a video conference with a Canadian filmmaker (depending on availability)
- A video conference to engage with other participating classes, share diverse perspectives and learn collaboratively
Connecting with others is an important part of the programme. There will be a minimum of two video conferences scheduled, likely at mid-day EST, in order to accommodate school days in every time zone.
Dates and times will be posted in advance, and we ask that teachers arrange some flexibility in timetables to ensure students can engage in these sessions.
Sign-up deadline: Friday December 2, 2016
Interested in learning more? Contact email@example.com today!