REEL CANADA (Canadian Film in the Schools) is hiring an administrative manager. This is a full-time 15-month contract position (maternity leave).
Start Date: Immediately
Deadline for applications: Until position filled.
About REEL CANADA
REEL CANADA (Canadian Film in the Schools) is a charitable, not-for-profit that celebrates Canada through film. REEL CANADA promotes the power and diversity of Canadian film and encourages this on-going conversation through three core programs: Our Films in Our Schools, Welcome to Canada, and National Canadian Film Day. Through these programs, REEL CANADA increases audiences for our films, encourages dialogue and, most crucially, provides an opportunity to enjoy our great nation through the wonderful stories we tell.
Our organization thrives on a collaborative and friendly team atmosphere, and there is a lot of opportunity for personal and professional growth. We strive to be an exciting place to work, offering all employees the opportunity to contribute to their fullest creative potential. The successful candidate has a passion for cinema and Canadian culture, and will see this as an opportunity to be a part of an organization that is making an important contribution to the cultural life of this country.
Reporting to the Administrative Director, and working closely with the Executive Director and Artistic Director, the Administrative Manager will provide administrative and financial coordination to all departments.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Financial Administration (60%)
- Maintain up-to-date accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Prepare and submit payroll information to payroll provider; ensure timely distribution of T4s, ROEs, etc.
- Carry out general banking transactions (prepare deposits and bill payments, etc.) • Manage petty cash
- Update monthly cash flow report
- Maintain Donor database and process charitable tax receipts
- Prepare end of year fiscal files
- Liaise with Executive Director and Bookkeeper re: financial administration Office
- Track stock and purchase office and program supplies, industry memberships, and film festival tickets/passes
- Maintain Industry contact database
- Organize distribution of program catalogue annually and as needed
- Track new films added to the catalogue
- Collect and process program evaluation forms
- Maintain office records in good order, archiving as needed
- Ensure offices remain clean and tidy
- Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to company policies
Special Events (10%)
- Attend school festivals and provide hospitality as required
- Coordinate REEL CANADA presence at conferences including staffing and preparation of booth
- Organize events for board of directors and staff throughout the year
- 4 years minimum proven experience in administrative role in a non-profit or arts organization
- Degree in related field
- Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles
- Knowledge of QuickBooks and Ceridian Payroll
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Salesforce
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Extremely detail oriented and highly organized
- Ability to work and respond in fast-paced environment
- Available to adapt schedule to work evenings on occasion
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Knowledge and appreciation of Canadian film
REEL CANADA supports and is guided by the principles outlined in the Employment Equity Act.To receive this job posting in an alternative format or if you require accommodation measures for the selection process, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in joining our team, please forward your resume, cover letter and 3 references with contact info via e-mail indicating “Administrative Manager” in the subject line to REEL CANADA via email@example.com. We regret that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.